Thursday, October 27, 2011

So this is not at all yarn related

But I am estatic, so I had to share.

I have restarted my dreads.  I talked to boss lady who said and I quote, "You could be balled under there for all I know, I haven't seen your hair in months.  You dress nicely and are clean, and you wrap or cover your hair in a hat.  I don't carer two hoots what is under the hat."

Right now it looks like a small birds nest, because I decided to do something completely different this time.  Washing... lots of washing and some twisting and ripping in certain sections just to get it started.  Then everything else is going to go and do it's thing, and I am going to be patient and watch the ride this time. 

But I would like to see if I can make this seat a healthier and happier set, with more energy directed to creating something and taking all that time and energy that was put into lost relationships in Denver, and all the anger from the start in Houston which inadvertently got all wrapped up into my hair and put it to bed.   

This time I want to start fresh and clean, with a goal for myself spiritually and financially.  This time I want the process of growth with my dreads to reflect the positive growth in my life.  I want to change and do things that are positive in my life, and the last set was pretty, but it carried with it some of the dark negative emotions of finding yourself when you are lost, and all this crazy energy about taking back pieces of yourself that you gave up to make other people happy.

My old dreads were in fact a testiment to finding lost pieces of my mental health and finding my voice to stand up and tell people, I wasn't a walking board.  This set I would like to be a testiment to how, Now I have all the pieces and I won't let people walk all over me, but how can I use those experiences to incite positive change in my life. 


These are my goals, and I would like my knitting and all the creative things I do in my life to reflect the more natural and healthy start I am having with my hair be an instant reminder to myself of the natual and healthy life I would like to live, physically, emotionally and spiritually. 

No comments: